[Magdalen] Trump and nuclear war

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 19:27:17 UTC 2017

I am NEVER in favor of killing, including assassination. I think an
assassination of anyone, besides being wrong on every level, would trigger
untold instability at best and deadly chaos at worst.

But one thing Trump needs to think of is that if it comes to his ordering
nuclear attacks, there could be a concerted assassination effort to take
him out in the name of saving the world.

I keep being haunted by that thought, because even if it worked (and put
the nuclear codes, and other military decisions) in the hands of a
presumably steadier disposition in Mike Pence, such an occurrence could
explode any remaining sense of the USA as reliable or a steadying factor.
And who knows what after that.

God help us all...

--
Scott R. Knitter