[Magdalen] Tragedy in Charlottesville

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 18:44:43 UTC 2017

In a message dated 8/13/2017 2:29:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

My  little home town has also been colonized (by wealthy outsiders,
who've  found its rustic charm irresistable.
And they're busy bending the  town
to suit their cultural and social expectations.

It's stressful.  Makes me glad someone taught me about anomie long  ago.
-M>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Due to the large influx of Northeasterners to work at the Research
Triangle and other such places, the RC Diocese of Raleigh is
finishing a large Cathedral in a traditional, sort of Renaissance
style in a striking location in a spacious wooded tract the Diocese
has owned for decades.  Interestingly, the lovely stained glass
windows in the new Cathedral are borrowed from a large disused
RC church in Philadelphia.

This construction is testimony to how the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill
population has changed, and the building has been criticized by
some Baptist preachers as "extravagant" and "costing too much."

http://sacredheartcathedral.org/

David S.