[Magdalen] Tragedy in Charlottesville

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 02:36:46 UTC 2017

In a message dated 8/13/2017 5:37:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

I just  noticed that several other churches have been identified with that
story!  That's the trouble with oral tradition; no wonder there are so many
versions  of the  Gospel!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Eucharist is said to be the "Great Sacrarment of Unity," but I think
much of
the time it is a sad reminder of divisions.  This can be individual  like
this story,
with the Blacks and Whites not wanting to receive the Sacrament  together,
or it can be a symbol of the disunity among denominations.

For Roman Catholics, for example, the Eucharist is held as a definite
symbol of unity of the faithful with the Roman Pontiff.  To  receive
in the Catholic Church means to signal personal union with the Pope.

I don't mean to imply that is ALL there is going on at a Catholic  Mass,
but it is an important part.

David S.