[Magdalen] Cat's Away.

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 13:11:16 UTC 2017

In South Carolina, even though we are not 'technically' a continuing
church, we have been blessed in the last 5 years to call ourselves
'continuing Episcopal churches.'  Mark Lawrence's church legally restrained
us from calling ourselves the Episcopal Diocese of SC and he tried to
abscond with our trademarks which gave us identity.  The general SC
population who followed the schism (and we) were confused about what to
call us.  This created confusion of our identity for Episcopalians and the
public alike.  It has helped me to think of myself and the fledgling
Episcopal diocese and parishes as 'continuing' in membership in The
Episcopal Church.

We had to change the name we called ourselves...not a legal change.  We are
known as The Episcopal Church in SC and have been recognized by TEC as the
rightful Episcopal diocese in lower SC.  Y'all, it is just so confusing.

The restraining order is still in effect until the Lawrence church finishes
the appeal process,   But, Episcopalians in SC are confident that the
Lawrence church's appeal will not favor them.  The 'continuing' bit is only
easy and clear if a diocese has not experienced schism.

Pray God our name will be returned, sooner rather than later.  I have hope
now that this can happen in my lifetime; I did not before the SC Supreme
Court's decision.

Ginga