[Magdalen] Hello?

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 19 02:40:37 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----

News from Velikaja Forta Woebegonskaja!
We had beautiful services for the Paraklasis and Vesper Liturgy of the Dormition. I was the chanter for the Paraklasis and we had the chance to use the traditional Melkite settings.
There was a small social gathering after the Vesper Liturgy.
Our church and residence is approaching its centenary and the parish its 60ths anniversary.
The current pastor Archimandrite John Azar has done a splendid job of preserving a historial landmark (the Candler Mansion (one of several in Atlanta) and tranforming over the course of 60 years the garden room into a worship space that still preserves the designs in designs in stain glass of the original with new additions of the Pantocrator.

I have finished both of my cataract surgeries. Next week I will finish the eye drop regime.

I have been playing all over the area.

I have received a possible invite to be the interim director of music at the Church of Our Savior in midtown Atlanta.

I may be playing at a nearby Lutheran Church at the last Sunday of August.

St Bart's will be opening its new liturgical season with its patronal day on 27 August Evensong and Compline will resume in September.

I have observed 15  years with the IRs which means an increase in leave time and a substantial raise. Je viens d'arriver a soixante dix trois ans. and I feel just fine  I have thought about retiring in about 5 years after my 79th birthday, but I may not if I feel as good as I do now tout en approchant ma 74ième année

Joe