[Magdalen] Fwd: Our kind

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 18:59:10 UTC 2017

My thanks to Grace as well.

I think the separation of the cultural retail Christmas and the Incarnation
of Our Lord is complete. The cultural one might as well be that of Japan,
where for most, there isn't even the warm glow of the memory of church
Christmases lighting up the buying and decorating activity. The cultural
activity may be enjoyable and have some things going for it, but I no
longer even want it to connect more strongly with the holy observance and
the ultimately important events it commemorates.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA