[Magdalen] Fwd: Our kind

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Dec 11 21:09:54 UTC 2017

The Danes have even more carols.

I have a couple of recordings of Swedish choirs singing a variety of songs, and I continue
to be amazed at the laser-beam tonality of the choirs, especially the sopranos.  It must be
in their genes.

Scandinavian carols -

Reminds me of the many years I sang (by request) the quintessential Norwegian
Christmas carol, "Jeg er so Glad," before the Midnight Mass of the Tridentine Latin Riters.

This is a fun arrangement by Andrew, and it features the characteristic Norwegian
vowel sounds which are present in Swedish also.  OTOH, the Danes tend to swallow
their vowels.

Hope this comes through, but there are numerous arrangements on You Tube.

https://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=jeg+er+so+glad&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true&videoId=1E26BF1EB6E50B3E09891E26BF1EB6E50B3E0989&v_t=loki-keyword

David S.