[Magdalen] Interesting review, new New Testament translation

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 08:24:35 UTC 2017

I took History 101, grandly titled the History of Western Civilization, at the Johns Hopkins in the late 40s. This was a required course that required an enormous amount of reading, some in books we bought but most in the library, of translated original material as well as the basic textbook.
This course, in the late 1940s, did not at all neglect the Christian religion and I don’t think anyone who passed that class could be accused of Biblical illiteracy or how the books of the Bible, or of various denominations, like the Book of Common Prayer or the Book of Mormon, came to be written and the translations thereof.
I’m always kind of stunned when I read derogatory remarks of people’s religious literacy. What kind of schools do people go to?