[Magdalen] Brudder Jon

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Thu Dec 21 00:47:20 UTC 2017

I felt as though Brud and I had a special relationship, as I’m sure many of
us did. I remember when he came — could it be to my priestly ordination? Or
maybe on the way to the Toronto listmeet? — and brought me a branch hung
with autumn leaves — he must have read my poem about Eleanor bringing me
autumn leaves. What a gift he was!

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 6:43 PM Marion Thompson <marionwhitevale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I find I have no words now that the news has come that Brud has left our
> shore.  I love all that pub-mates everywhere have written and I have
> nodded again and again in silent, teary agreement. Well done, good and
> faithful servant.  May I be as brave and focussed when my own time
> comes.  All strength and comfort to Dawn and Tish and all who love him.
>
> Marion, a pilgrim
>

> On 12/19/2017 9:15 PM, ME Michaud wrote:
> > nine years ago:
> >
> > Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com via
> > <https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en> herberthouse.org
> > 11/25/08
> >

> > to magdalen
> > We had to write 'our' Creed in Deacon School.
> > Mine:
> >
> > I believe in the Light of God,
> >       always loving and always encompassing.
> > I believe in the Light of Christ.
> >       ever here and ever present.
> > I believe in the Light of the Spirit,
> >       freely sent and freely inspiring.
> >
> > I believe in Holy Listening,
> >       because sometimes God is silent.
> > I believe in Holy Compassion,
> >       because Christ commands it.
> > I believe in Holy Healing,
> >       because the Spirit is always present.
> >
> > I look for patience,
> >       and the Spirit wills it.
> > I look for an example,
> >       and Christ provides one.
> > I look for love,
> >       and God is always there.
> >

> > +BRH really liked it.  Looking at it now, it's amazing that an active
> > alcoholic wrote
> > it.  It means more to me today than when I penned it.
> > .
> >

> --
Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle