[Magdalen] Greetings

Christopher Hart cervus51 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 02:43:46 UTC 2017

Our midnight mass now starts at 10:00 pm (previously 11:00 pm) which means
that it is over before midnight. We have experienced the same trend that
Michael mentioned. More and more families attend our 4:00 pm service with
pageant instead. We did have some very nice music last night though
including portions of the Messe de Minuit by Charpentier. Today my wife and
I were treated to a nice dinner cooked and served by my brother at his
house across the river in New Jersey. Both his boys were home from college
and engaged in lively discussion. They've become very interesting young
men, these nephews of mine. My brother, who has ample wine on hand chose to
serve only sparkling cider for everyone with the meal, no doubt in
deference to the fact that neither my wife nor I drink anymore (and so far
I've never seen his boys imbibe either although the elder one is clearly
old enough to legally and the younger one is close to legal age).

--

Christopher Hart