[Magdalen] Greetings

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 06:00:49 UTC 2017

First time we missed MM in many a year, but it's too difficult now we live
so far out of town. Keith played organ for Advent 4 at St Johns early on
Sunday morning...yesterday morning we attended a simple but joyful service
at the little farm chapel down the road, St Albans. Lovely carols, chosen
to be a bit different...Good Christian Men, Rejoice! ...and an absolute
favourite of mine, the Calypso Carol. I really love that.

Retired priest came out to celebrate, our clergy here do not seem to retire
from that until they really are too frail to cope with it. His sermon
wandered sbout a bit, loosely organised around "Mary pondered all these
things and treasured them in her heart", a wonderful side note to the
Nativity story with a lot to offer a preacher.

Then a busy day with food as my family came out here for lunch.

Looking forward to a peaceful Boxing Day (known as Family Day here) then
it's back to work tomorrow

Sally D