[Magdalen] Happy Christmas

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Tue Dec 26 14:08:13 UTC 2017

Oh,  Leslie, I made it up! I don't eat flour, so I make this, instead.  I
use a can of pumpkin, 2 eggs, and maybe a quarter cup of heavy cream.  I
throw in some pumpkin pie spice, and if I want it like a dessert, some
artificial sweetener  (maybe a fourth to a half cup of the dry stuff that
says the measurement is equal to sugar. I'Ve also used half and half).
Yesterday I used 4 eggs, and it was a little dry, but a little heavy cream
poured over the top of my serving remedied that! It may have been dry
because I cooked it a little hotter and longer than usual, too. I whip that
all together and put it in a pie pan, and yesterday I just stuck it in with
the duck at 375F for about a half hour or so  (till a knife stuck in comes
out clean). It doesn't rise up as high as a real souffle, more like a
pumpkin pie, though more whipping might rise it up higher. Seasonings could
be adjusted as desired  - a little vanilla might be good. I'm not really a
recipe person, so I kind of figure it out and adjust and improvise as I go
along. If I baked it on its own,  not with the duck, I'dprobably have the
oven at 350F which is my go-to temperature for most stuff.  Thanks for
asking!

Ann
The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY