[Magdalen] Happy Christmas

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 18:04:19 UTC 2017

We had eye round, actually done in the Instant Pot but tasting very much as
if it had been roasted (and taking a lot less time and effort), mashed
potatoes with gravy made from the cooking liquid, sugar snap peas,
store-bought baklava, and along with the baklava a mock coquito (Puerto
Rican eggnog) made with good quality store-bought eggnog and coconut rum.
As MSNBC's Chris Hayes tweeted after drinking his first one......"Oh my
lord!" (Apologies to those in AA, but it was very good.) I'm cooking very
little, mostly kitchen help and directing, while operating with this stupid
splint, so we try to keep it pretty simple.