[Magdalen] Christmas day 2

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 19:30:05 UTC 2017

Merry Christmas, Day 2, Lynn and all.

Wilders had a non-traditional (for us anyway) Christmas Eve and Day.  We
made a 30 hour marathon drive to and about NC.  We saw each of our children
in their homes.  We drove to Winston-Salem on the 24th to visit Ginny and
Barbie and her children.  We went to both services at St. Anne's Episcopal,
Ginny's new church.  Barbie and her kids cooked a wonderful pot roast meal
for dinner between the services.  The late service (10:30 pm) included a 45
minute music program by St. Anne's extraordinary musicians.  One piece was
so very beautiful that John was reduced to weeping.  Ginny's sermon was
good and the service did end after midnight. Whew!  On Christmas day, we
rose early and drove to Charlotte, visiting first with Robert, Christina,
and Rory who would soon leave for dinner with Christina's mother, et al.
Then we visited with our older son Jay and his family.  They had arrived
home from a cruise on Dec 23.  Wonderful time with everyone!  No frenzy.
We drove home and collapsed early last night.  Today, I am preparing our
Christmas meal: small standing rib roast, popovers - not yorkshire
puddings, sorry, rice and gravy, green beans and roasted Brussel sprouts.
Yum!

John and I are facing the  old age decision whether to downsize in
Summerville or move to NC (probably Charlotte) and downsize there.  This
has hung over us for at least a year.  Our 50th wedding anniversary is in
January, and this recent visit with the children helps to clarify that
decision.  We still do not know what we will do.  Leaving our church in
Summerville and all the 'family of choice' there makes that a hard
consideration for us.

Anyway, we have had a great Christmas.  Wishes yours has been the same!
Ginga Wilder

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>