[Magdalen] Zucchini pickles.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 1 05:13:05 UTC 2017

A wee break from the political.

Tonight I put to use a jar in the fridge that'd been screaming for re-use for months.  I am using it to make zucchini pickles.

I put sliced green zucchini (my store didn't have any yellow, dammit) in a jar with roasted garlic cloves and dill seed.  I then boiled some white and rice vinegar with a LOT of kosher+sea salt, poured it over the contents of the jar, and am now waiting for it to get to room temp for placing in the fridge.

Molly, you and your lacto-fermented knowledge is swirling around in my head right about now!  :-)=