[Magdalen] Wiring cash when it's a real emergency

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 04:07:33 UTC 2017

We've all heard of those scams where you get a fake email from a
friend's email address claiming they've lost their wallet in Spain and
need money wired.

My dear partner has been on retreat at Saint Meinrad Archabbey in
Indiana and somehow lost his wallet. Needs cash to drive home
tomorrow.

Looks like I'll need to go to a Bank of America and withdraw cash so I
can send it from a Western Union agent so he can pick it up without a
government-issued ID (it's in the wallet).

Just posting this in case someone has done this before and knows of
any pitfalls or other ways to do this.

And all this is before stopping credit cards he had in his wallet.

I'm going to need a retreat of my own after this. Sheesh.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA