[Magdalen] Wiring cash when it's a real emergency

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:36:07 UTC 2017

I got the good news whilst I was on the Broadway bus to our nearest
Bank of America banking center. Glad we hadn't done a Western Union
tran$fer yet.

We were planning to do a "test question" in lieu of a
government-issued ID at his end when he picked up the cash. I don't
know whether they give you a test question and you supply the answer
(and so does the cash recipient) or if you make one up that you know
will be answerable only by the recipient. Anyway, if the latter, we
talked about using "What is your youngest cat's nickname?" to which
the answer is "Sillykins Billykins." That's one of her nicknames, at
any rate. I said I thought we'd better be straightforward and use
"What is your oldest pet's name?" and that's "Burberry," of course. So
now I can't use those as security Q&A. :) Unless I put fake answers,
at least.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA