[Magdalen] From +Georgia

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 11 19:45:30 UTC 2017

On 11/02/2017 02:44, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> I've mostly seen it used +diocesename. No other portion of the bishop's actual first or last name.

Over here the norm in recent years has been to refer to Bishop [first
name] so today I heard references to (and used) Bishop Michael (of
Hertford), Bishop Richard (of Bedford) and Bishop Alan (of St Albans).
The first two are suffragan sees while the last is the diocesan. As
Bishop Richard was preceded in post by another Richard the new one was
sometimes referred to as Richard the Second. It was a bit confusing when
+Hertford and +St Albans were both Christopher but I can't recall the
guidance on how to distinguish between them in referring to them.

Roger