[Magdalen] Widespread outage.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Feb 18 00:36:55 UTC 2017

Seems that a goodly portion of Salinas has been hit with power outage.  The only local (for us) pocket of normalcy is right around here where I work and where there's a Denny's, a Carl's Jr, and a McDonald's.  Had McD's for dinner and leftover for today's lunch, Carl's leaves a bad Puzder in my mouth, and Denny's at least pretends to have a diverse menu.  So, in honor of a desire to have a hot dinner, Denny's it is.  (I've done some calling, and there's so many power lines down that no other restaurants seem to be functioning for the time being.)

For us specifically, this outage began between 8 and 10 am, so it hasn't been too long.  But it's longer than us weather-less folk are used to.  Me, I'm okay with my flashlight and my several lifetimes' worth of books until it's time to merely fall asleep on the couch where I lay reading.  But the boy?  A lad of 19 who's never voluntarily read a book in his short life?  He's suffering.  He's still got a bit of internet thanks to Verizon, though.

I should also say we have no heat.  Brrr.