[Magdalen] Let us work together -- uh huh

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 19:27:50 UTC 2017

This is where I stand. To me, the internet is a useful vehicle for
connecting with old friends and keeping up with family, but it is also a
place for my passion and activism.
I believe that our 45th President, his power hungry cronies, and the
majority of Republicans in Congress are a real and active threat to me, my
way of life, and all the people I love. Some people are saying that we
should give Trump a chance, that we should "work together" with him because
he won the election and he is "everyone's president."
This is my response:
•I will not forget how badly he and so many others treated former President
Barack Obama for 8 years...
•I will not "work together" to privatize Medicare, cut Social Security and
Medicaid.
•I will not "work together" to build a wall.
•I will not "work together" to persecute Muslims.
•I will not "work together" to shut out refugees from other countries.
•I will not "work together" to lower taxes on the 1% and increase taxes on
the middle class and poor.
•I will not "work together" to help Trump use the Presidency to line his
pockets and those of his family and cronies.
•I will not "work together" to weaken and demolish environmental protection.
•I will not "work together" to sell American lands, especially National
Parks, to companies which then despoil those lands.
•I will not "work together" to enable the killing of whole species of
animals just because they are predators, or inconvenient for a few, or
because some people want to get their thrills killing them.
•I will not "work together" to remove civil rights from anyone.
•I will not "work together" to alienate countries that have been our allies
for as long as I have been alive.
•I will not "work together" to slash funding for education.
•I will not "work together" to take basic assistance from people who are at
the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder.
•I will not "work together" to get rid of common sense regulations on guns.
•I will not "work together" to eliminate the minimum wage.
•I will not "work together" to support so-called "Right To Work" laws, or
undermine, weaken or destroy Unions in any way.
•I will not "work together" to suppress scientific research, be it on
climate change, fracking, or any other issue where a majority of scientists
agree that Trump and his supporters are wrong on the facts.
•I will not "work together" to criminalize abortion or restrict health care
for women.
•I will not "work together" to increase the number of nations that have
nuclear weapons.
•I will not "work together" to put even more "big money" into politics.
•I will not "work together" to violate the Geneva Convention.
•I will not "work together" to give the Ku Klux Klan, the Nazi Party and
white supremacists a seat at the table, or to normalize their hatred.
•I will not "work together" to deny health care to people who need it.
•I will not "work together" to deny medical coverage to people on the basis
of a "pre-existing condition."
•I will not "work together" to increase voter suppression.
•I will not "work together" to normalize tyranny.
I will not “work together” to eliminate or reduce ethical oversite at any
level of government.
•I will not "work together" with anyone who is, or admires, tyrants and
dictators.
•I will not support anyone that thinks its OK to put a pipeline to
transport oil on Sacred Ground for Native Americans. And, it would run
under the Missouri River, which provides drinking water for millions of
people. An accident waiting to happen.
This is my line, and I am drawing it.
•I will stand for honesty, love, respect for all living beings, and for the
beating heart that is the center of Life itself.
•I will use my voice and my hands, to reach out to the uninformed, and to
anyone who will LISTEN:
That "winning", "being great again", "rich" or even "beautiful" is
nothing... When others are sacrificed to glorify its existence.
If you agree feel free to copy and re-post (this results in larger numbers
of people seeing a post).

[Thanks to Frank Van Zanten]

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford