[Magdalen] Let us work together -- uh huh

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 21:06:07 UTC 2017

Thanks for posting this, Jim.  I think I saw something like it on FaceBook last week...or maybe it was this same thing. And I agree with it. Someone pointed out that we have already given him a chance, because he is the same today as he was at the beginning of his campaign two years ago. The leopard hasn't changed his spots; I don't think he can.

I had an image a couple of days ago of Trump dressed like a little kid in a sailor suit, sitting on the floor playing toy soldiers. He can move them wherever he wants, he can have them fight each other, even kill each other, because he is in charge. And because they have no feelings, he doesn't have to consider them.  And at the end of the day, he can put everything back in the box, put it on the shelf, turn out the light, shut the door and walk away.
Of course, the trouble is that in the real world the folks he's toying with are real, and they bleed real blood and they have real feelings
and concerns and suffer the consequences of his actions. And he can't just walk away and shut the door.  I don't think that's the world he wants or knows how to deal with.

A friend said the other day that she's heard speculation that he actually can't read--or at least, not fluently. That that's why he doesn't like teleprompters and why he's asked Pence to condense the daily briefings  and put them in the form of no more than nine bullet points. It might also explain why he often doesn't seem to know what was in the executive orders he signed....  It's just speculation at this point, but if it's true, it could explain a lot.  Not that it would make is any safer.