[Magdalen] Marion Thompson: yell for Tech Help

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Fri Feb 24 01:52:26 UTC 2017

 From Facebook:

Marion Thompson
7 hrs ·

Help, someone. The 'send' thing has vanished from the bar above the
message I want to send and I have tried absolutely everything to make it
reappear. Help!
Like
CommentShare
1 1
Comments
Sally Sparrow
Sally Sparrow Hmm... Save it as a draft and close your program. Then
open again. What are you sending in?
Like · Reply · 1 · 7 hrs
Marion Thompson
Marion Thompson Mozilla Thunderbird.. Nope. That didn't work.
Like · Reply · 7 hrs
Sibyl Riker Smirl
Write a reply...
Chris Ambidge
Chris Ambidge Use your cursor to highlight all the text, control-c and
that text copies to your clipboard. Open a wordprocessor or something
(email) and control-v to paste the text into a place to save it. Then
shut down the non-cooperative software and try again. Copy/paste the
text you spent so much time drafting.
Like · Reply · 2 · 6 hrs · Edited
Marion Thompson
Marion Thompson That's not working either. There is no 'Send'. I shut
down the whole thing and tried again, but no go.
Like · Reply · 5 hrs · Edited
Ann Prince Stevens
Ann Prince Stevens How is it going? I have been known to want to kick
the thing!
Like · Reply · 4 hrs
Marion Thompson
Marion Thompson It's not going and I'm truly frustrated because I really
need it to be working at this time.
Like · Reply · 2 hrs
Sibyl Riker Smirl
Write a reply...
Sally Sparrow
Sally Sparrow Ok, and the address field is filled out?
Like · Reply · 4 hrs
Sally Sparrow
Sally Sparrow Or... Hit alt and select View-Toolbars, maybe the toolbar
got turned off. It's in the Composition toolbar
Like · Reply · 1 · 4 hrs
Sibyl Riker Smirl
Write a reply...
Marion Thompson
Marion Thompson Nope, all toolbars engaged. I'm working on line and all
that,too.
Like · Reply · 2 hrs
Trish York
Trish York this is going to sound too easy so it probably will miss the
mark. But I have solved this type of problem by hitting the middle
button in the upper right corner to make the screen a partial (smaller)
screen and then click it again to make it a full screen. That can reset it.
Like · Reply · 2 hrs
Marion Thompson
Marion Thompson Sadly, that doesn't work either.
Like · Reply · 2 hrs
Marion Thompson
Marion Thompson AAAAARG! I can't even email someone who maybe can make a
good suggestion. And other people simply turn up their noses at my
non-Apple system.
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs
Cathy Carlyle
Cathy Carlyle Sorry, Marion.... I am guilty of having done that! :(
Like · Reply · 56 mins
Sibyl Riker Smirl
Write a reply...
Dana Murray
Dana Murray Create yourself a new email address in gmail or something
you don't currently use and send from the new address until the glitch
stops hiccuping.
Like · Reply · 1 hr
Daphne Loyola
Daphne Loyola Aunt Marion, push the power button until the computer
turns off. That won't save the mistake. Then turn it on again and
hopefully it will have shown back up. Xo
Like · Reply · 1 hr
Trish York
Trish York You can also reset the computer to an earlier time when it
was working.
Like · Reply · 1 hr
Cathy Carlyle
Cathy Carlyle If all else fails, you might want to take the computer to
Staples or some such store. But check first to see if they will take a
look at a computer that was NOT bought at the store in Cobourg.
Like · Reply · 55 mins
Sibyl Riker Smirl
Sibyl Riker Smirl I don't know much that might help, but if the person
you want to e-mail is somebody on Mag, I can do that for you and ask
them to get in touch or phone you. I won't turn up my nose at your
Apple, I have one too, but that doesn't make me smart about it. All I
can suggest is what somebody else already did, that you restart.
Like · Reply · 5 mins
Sibyl Riker Smirl
Sibyl Riker Smirl Or I can send your yell for help to Mag itself. If
Brian Reid sees it, he knows everything, probably even Mac!
Like · Reply · Just now

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net