[Magdalen] This is nuts

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 19:28:26 UTC 2017

LOL! I haven't seen him in person, but maybe during one of their
shoots for Chicago Fire...they do a lot of these near where I work
because they like the Columbus Drive bridge over the river and the
easy access to the middle and lower levels of Wacker Drive as well as
the highrise scenery on Upper Wacker. Car on fire on the bridge! Fire
engine screams through Lower Wacker! Exciting stuff. They also made
good use last year of an empty but fancy old former bank up here in
Edgewater, turning it into a high-end restaurant called The Vault.
Electrical fire started in the walls (all added in later via computer
graphics) and spread quickly due to illegal cheapo insulation that had
been allowed and covered up by a sleazy alderman. Some staff and
patrons unwisely take refuge in the old bank vault rather than
outside, and someone pulls the huge door shut and it locks, trapping
them. Exciting. I saw some of the activity from the Whole Foods across
the street.

The Chicago Fire, Med, PD franchise is our Law & Order, I guess. There
was a parody video suggesting a Chicago Sanitation series as well.
Sanitation worker finishes a tough day and goes home to his upset
wife, who says, "All you do is work! I want you to be here more and
treat ME like garbage!" So far, that series idea hasn't been picked
up. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA