[Magdalen] Unplugged for Two Weeks.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 06:09:38 UTC 2017

In a message dated 2/23/2017 5:09:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

in the  UP - the state of Michigan, and at one time, considered
making Calumet  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In my admittedly biased viewpoint, the UP should be part of  the
State of Wisconsin.  If the UP had not ended up as the  consolation
prize for Michigan when the "Toledo Strip" was given to Ohio  at
the conclusion of the "Toledo War" (Michigan/Ohio War), I'm  sure
the UP would have been Wisconsin.

Wisconsin was lightly populated at the time, and wasn't ready  for
statehood for another ten years.  I'm sure Wisconsin  would have had
a say in that decision by then.

David S.