[Magdalen] Hail - Ugh!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 00:29:59 UTC 2017

What had been predicted as the possibility of a few light  showers turned
into an intense front with heavy rain, wind, flash flooding  and the worst
hail
(1" diameter +) we've ever experienced.  This front  marked the transition
from
this bizarre week of 60 F to 75 F temperatures to more  seasonal 40 F
temperatures.

We haven't checked the cars closely, but the size of the  hail pellets
could well
have produced some damage.  Luckily we had no downed  trees here, but
there were a lot in the region.  The lights flickered a  couple of times,
but the
power didn't fail completely.  We're just a trifle  disappointed that we
didn't
get a chance to try out our new power generator.

I positively hate hail.

David S.