[Magdalen] The Grackles are back, the Grackles are back...

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:05:24 UTC 2017

My house finches arrived a little ahead of the goldfinches this year. At least one of the goldfinches has figured out the upside-down finch feeder--they're a little slow to catch on this year.
I learned last year that the reason they nest and lay their eggs in the summer is so that will coincide with the blooming of the thistles. Thistle seed makes up a large part of their diet.