[Magdalen] Poem found : please read if you like..

sheila ketler ketbears at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 18:55:38 UTC 2017

I wrote this poem a while ago and trying to purge the paperwork I found it attached to a term paper  that I had written one which chronicled my Christian journey. It was written around the time I lost my mother and this is a reflection of her journey towards the farther shores. Please read if you like... and I hope you enjoy it..
The Boat RideThe sea is calm, so calm it shimmers like glass,No wind, no breath of wind, only total calm.Christ is in the boat, paddling, paddling us out to sea.Water green and deep, deep water so clear, so clear.I lean back in the boat enjoying the motion of the boat gliding, gliding.Enjoying the presence of the  Lord.It is so calm and peaceful, peaceful with the Lord.I drift off to sleep, dreaming, dreaming, dreaming on.Suddenly nothing is serene, suddenly there is motion.The waves have risen up, the winds are howling.We are in a gale, we are in a storm,Christ has stopped paddling.We are not moving forward, we are still, but being rocked,Tossed and turned by an angry, violent sea.No longer friendly, no longer calm.The sea is determined to overturn the boat.Christ is asleep! He has gone into a land of dreams.I wonder what the Lord is dreaming, as He sleeps on,His face full of divine light, His face completely serene and at peace.I take His arm, I shake His arm,Jesus! Lord, Lord!Please wake up, I am  frightened, I am in a boat without a paddle,A boat that is going to go under, I am distress Lord, I need You.He looks around in amazement, totally mystified,He looks into my face, calm, gentle and loving.Looking at me with all the love that He has for me.Child, do not worry, do not be afraid.He speaks softly, gently, tenderly,Speaking words of love, of complete and total compassion,A love that encompasses His whole heart,A love that will never let go.Raising His voice, He cries out to the sea and the wind,Be Calm! Be Still!There is silence, suddenly there is a dead calm,The wind has stopped, the boat stops rocking,We are at peace, the world is still.His radiant face smiles at me, as He reaches out to grasp the oars,Oars that had fallen into the water, almost out of reach,Out of reach in the unsettled seas.Jesus takes the oars, and we begin journeying together,Journeying on together, forever, towards the farthest shores.
Sheila Ketler 2007