[Magdalen] Memphis

ROGER STOKES roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 2 03:14:57 UTC 2017

My latest travels brought me yesterday to Memphis TN. Calvary being the closest Episcopal church to where I am staying that is where I went today and was warmly welcomed before and after the service. Being New Year everywhere seemed to be shut during the day so I retired for a short nap this afternoon. Things looked up after that thanks to an FB post from Stephen Secaur, a name not unfamiliar to some of us, who recommended a trip to Beale Street.

Evidence on the street suggested there had been some sort of celebration yesterday evening :-) and a number of places were shut but some bar-hopping was still possible with live groups in three different places I visited. The king may be dead but music lives on.
Roger