[Magdalen] Italian priest replaces Nativity scene after outcry over ‘burqa’ | Religion News Service

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:20:14 UTC 2017

Has there been any public discourse- oral or print about veiled nuns up in the saner NE part of the USA?
Lynn

On Jan 5, 2017, at 10:04 AM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:

There are, in fact, still nuns & sisters who are veiled. I see them all the
time at the hospital. And one of my friends joined the Religious Sisters of
Mercy of Alma; they still wear traditional habits & veils.

One of my friends was spat upon on a city bus. We were convinced that it
happened because the spitter mistook her habit & veil for Muslim dress.
-M