[Magdalen] Italian priest replaces Nativity scene after outcry over ‘burqa’ | Religion News Service

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 03:25:19 UTC 2017

I found another translation that makes sense:

"If, however, anything should be wanted, let it be asked for by means
of a sign of any kind rather than a sound."

The Latin:
"si quid tamen opus fuerit, sonitu cuiuscumque signi potius petatur quam voce.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA