[Magdalen] Mom's 80th birthday

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:30:07 UTC 2017

Yes. They're also kicking off their 50th-anniversary parish
celebration, so Mom and I will be members of one of the "founding
families." I've already wowed the longtime education director at the
parish (she was there when I was a kid and is still doing it) by
reminding her of the textbook series we used in first grade (Come to
the Father, from a series published in Canada). I was a book nerd even
as a kid and cherished every textbook, especially the ones we were
given to keep. I also remember the Saturday evening Mass when we first
used the 1970 Mass rite and the newsprint Monthly Missalettes. It was
the same Mass at which Father started using a wireless microphone
system that made him sound like he was in outer space. Intense times!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA