[Magdalen] Mom's 80th birthday

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 11 22:07:08 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----

In 1970 I was TEACHING the Come to the Father Series as a newly ordained priest in St. Mary of the Assumption for Sr Alypia's first grade. I took all the liturgical celebrations. That series remains my favorite Religious Education Series because of its Trinitarian approach and liturgical approach. I think it was written by the Soeurs Disciples du divin Maitre from Quebec and whose store I would visit and purchase vestments every time I visited Montreal.
Sr. Alypia was German and used Montessori in her classroom. She used to state that she had 29 levels in her classroom one for each student. About the same time I became enchanted with Maria von Trapp's Around the Year with the Trapp Family Singers which employed a similar approach to familyliturgy and catechesis. I remain solidly French Canadian and suddeuscher/Austrian to western rite spirituality.

Hoch soll ehr leben to your mother and parish na mnohaja i blahaja lita!

We are truly soul brothers

Joe Cirou