[Magdalen] Mom's 80th birthday

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 22:17:34 UTC 2017

Our parish (St Irenaeus, Rochester Hills, Mich.) was founded in 1967,
so I guess I'm a child of the 1965 Rite, which fascinates me but seems
all but forgotten. My First Communion photo shows me all cleaned up
and suited, holding my beloved new St Joseph Sunday Missal and Hymnal.
That's the book from which I learned A Mighty Fortress, one of my
favorite hymns, and wasn't ever told it's Protestant or Lutheran. It
was Hymn 2 (I think) in our catholic Sunday Missal & Hymnal.

I liked the little arrows that helped one navigate the Sunday Mass. An
arrow pointed to a box that said Now Turn to the Introit of Today's
Mass, and at the end of the introit, another arrow pointed to Return
to the Ordinary of the Mass, p. 6, or whatever. This was neato to a
book/liturgy nerd.