[Magdalen] Dinner; was Flour query.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 15 16:33:12 UTC 2017

>>>Tablespoon of salt!!!  Phew.  I think in the presumed quantity produced
my non-tasting self would register that as _very_ salty indeed, possibly
unpleasantly so.<<<

Well-noted, and indeed one tiny speck of it more and what you describe would have been the case.  As it is, it is "British pub perfect" (so to speak).  The main thing to remember is that 1 tbsp salt in a whopping 3 lbs of 97% lean ground beef doesn't really go all that far.  What pushed it to just this side of too salty was the quart of beef stock along with it.  Next time I'll go to 3/4 tbsp both salt and pepper, and it'll be perfecter.  (I'd bet you a Canadian dollar leftover will be even milder spice-wise...)