[Magdalen] For veterans of St. Sam's

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 23:59:56 UTC 2017

Very sad to read of Pepper's death. I met him at Ascension, Chicago,
when Roy and Abby+ Murphy, Catharine+ Phillips, Pepper, (who am I
forgetting? were you Fleeners there?) attended Evening Prayer there
and we all went to the Fireplace Inn for dinner. That was July 9,
2004.

Heard a fine homily this morning at my mom's RC church about
recognizing God in others (as John the Baptist recognized and pointed
to God's working through Jesus Christ). This was not a difficult task
with Pepper, through whom God radiated brightly, all the time.

Rest eternal grant unto our brother Pepper, O Lord, and let light
perpetual shine upon him.
May his soul, and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of
God rest in peace. Amen.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA