[Magdalen] bilingual puns

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:33:18 UTC 2017

Siegismund Lud lived in a fishing village, and he became a sort of expert
at making extra efficient lures for the local fish.  He became a local
legend, actually when he began using a combination of ingredients which he
then baked in the oven to produce his irresistible lures. The thing that
made his work so remarkable was that he found the fiber material in old
discarded hairpieces worked better by a factor of ten than anything he had
ever done before. He had a minor setback, however, when his wife forbade
him to use their oven in his work. Ms Lud would not have that stuff in her
oven she used to make dinner. So, Mr. Lud had to get his own.  People would
come from miles around just to get a chance to look at the place where all
those fantastic lures were made.  Of course, Mr. Lud was very proud of
this, so he put up a sign:

"LUD WIG BAIT OVEN"

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford