[Magdalen] He whose name must not be mentioned

Louise Laughton llaug at twcny.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 16:43:24 UTC 2017

Maybe it’s my almost 80 years of life on this planet, but I’m not up to much more ugly political turmoil (as if any of us has a choice). The “sanctified snowflakes” crack reflects a trope common when my now college-students grandchildren were younger. Some parents referred to other people’s children who’d been brought up to consider themselves ever so special, lovely and fragile as “snowflakes,” based on the common assumption that every snowflake is different even though each is lovely and can’t withstand rough handling.