[Magdalen] Congressional Inaugural "Sick-out".

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 22:02:58 UTC 2017

One thing I've recently (re-)learned: the president-elect becomes the
president at noon on Jan. 20, whether the oath is being taken at that
moment or not. The Constitution (in an amendment) makes the clock do
the work, not the chief justice and president-elect.

Someone figured out that Bill Clinton is the person who has been U.S.
president the longest...eight years and five seconds. He never handed
over powers to the VP during surgery or anything, and he gained five
seconds due to adjustments of the atomic clock to correct it to the
earth's rotation ("leap seconds"). I think Obama is close but didn't
get as many leap seconds during his term, or something. Reagan and GWB
lost time while under anesthesia.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA