[Magdalen] Inane inanities

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:55:33 UTC 2017

At an event my wife attended, she told me that one of the ladies had the
job of having one joke ready for each meeting.

A man came to the doctor's office and complained he had a bad cough.
The doctor examined him and gave him a prescription.
After a while the man returned, complaining the medicine had done no good.
The doctor gave him a stronger medication.
A while later, the man came in and said he still had a bad cough.
The doctor gave him another medication.
A few days later, the doctor's associate happened to look out the window to
the street and saw the man walking by, very slowly with his head down, but
not coughing.
"Doctor, I just saw that patient with the bad cough walk by, and I noticed
he did not cough once. How did you do it?"
"Simple," said the doctor. "I gave him a very potent laxative.  Now he's
AFRAID to cough."

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford