[Magdalen] Keith's birthday list & thoughts on the Day of the Jackals

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 06:01:22 UTC 2017

It's my beloved's birthday today and he requests only two birthday gifts

1. Our boys to come home from camp without being sunburnt to crisps

2. No news channels at all the whole day

He's determined that his birthday won't be ruined or remembered for what's
going on the other side of the world!

Nonetheless I am thinking of all you, treasured friends and fellows in
faith, and wishing you strength.

South Africa has endured an appalling President for the past eight years
and although great damage has been done, we are in many ways a better
society because of it - more willing to stand up and be counted, to get
involved and to hold Government to account. Not so willing to trust blindly
in politicians' promises or to respond to "dog whistle politics".

In the next four years many young people's political selves will be formed
and shaped - not only in the USA but around the world including nations who
have never properly experienced democracy. Some heat is necessary for
this....

Another thought: God was the first one to build a wall, though calling it a
hedge. It went around the Evil One...It cost nothing and was totally
effective. May our prayers and labours in God's holy name, grow the
protective hedge that is needed today and in the next few years.

God bless America and all her people especially the ones that I love

Sally D