[Magdalen] Inane inanities

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 20 15:53:37 UTC 2017

In a message dated 1/20/2017 12:56:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:

The  doctor examined him and gave him a  prescription.>>>>>>>>>>>>

My younger brother, Paul, was double trained in Family Practice and
Emergency Medicine.  After working in the ER for many years, he
decided to try Family Practice.

He told me that he was looking at joining a small group practice in
Birmingham, Alabama, and in a really rare move, actually asked my
opinion about the group which consisted of a father and three of his
sons - all physicians.

I warned him that he would likely be "odd man out" in this  arrangement,
but characteristically went ahead with this deal anyway.

Paul was a very good physician, and did not believe in antibiotics  unless
they were absolutely necessary.  The patients whom he saw at  this
new practice were used to the other four family physicians who gave
literally everyone who came to the office a prescription for  antibiotics.

Thus, Paul would assure the patient that he/she had a viral condition  that
wouldn't be helped by antibiotics.  The next day he would see them  visiting
one of the other physicians to get yet another prescription for
antibiotics.

The practice arrangement lasted 6 weeks.

David S.