[Magdalen] Song of Mary

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 16:35:17 UTC 2017

A choirmaster and I had a little go-round once about how he seemed
never to accompany Anglican chant. I talked him into accompanying Ps.
35 on a recording we did, and he did so very softly and dropped out on
selected verses...it turned out awesome.

But full organ-playing and the sort of word-painting or mood-setting
involved is an art form all its own. One rarely hears an unaccompanied
psalm in BBC-broadcast choral evensongs.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA