[Magdalen] What I'm doing today instead

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 16:47:52 UTC 2017

I refuse to watch the inauguration of a man I consider to be illegitimately
elected. I'm alone in the house until Sunday morning because S/O is at a
company event in California (one he dislikes intensely, but it's a yearly
thing) so I'm totally left to my own devices. I decided that this morning
the appropriate thing to do was to fill the house with music, and my choice
was Sweet Honey in the Rock. Those wonderful voices are filling the house
with freedom songs right now...very encouraging and sustaining. Later,
after the household chores are done, I will go and retrieve my torches from
where I left them yesterday and spend some time in my studio, or more
likely in my metal shop. Fire and hammers may relieve my stress and anger.
This evening I'll watch either movies or basketball, or maybe more of
NatGeo's series "The Story of God" which I started last night. I will NOT
watch anything political this day.

My daughter says she is keeping the TV on either BET or any
Spanish-language station showing telenovelas through the day. She didn't
want to send her (mixed race) boys to school today in a Trump-loving area,
but she did.