[Magdalen] What I'm doing today instead

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 17:13:28 UTC 2017

I am holed up in the Orangeburg (SC) public library,
waiting for a part to be delivered
so my rental car can be repaired.

Ugh.

Avis has assured me that, on my return to Boston,
if I present my repair bill,
they'll consider reimbursing me.

Ugh.

I can ASSURE you that no one here is watching or listening.

When you're traveling alone, you're privy to breakfast conversations,
and the grumbling and rumbling and cursing and complaining this a.m.
made me wonder if *anybody* actually voted for this man.

Orangeburg is a pretty interesting place. Agricultural land surrounds,
but atypically I passed a Hindu temple out on the state highway.
Along with the requisite Holiness tabernacles.
Big churches downtown: Methodist & Baptist, of course.
Buds are breaking on bushes along the road,
birds are building nests.

The library has a magnificent home-made doll house, maybe eight
feet long and four or five feet high, along the wall in the children's
section. And free internet access. And lots of people coming through
today.
-M