[Magdalen] how long have I been hanging around with you folks

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 04:25:25 UTC 2017

Those items are placed there for guests' convenience. Typically I do
use the shampoo and soap because I habitually forget these, but I
leave the conditioner sealed and unmoved, as well as any plastic
shower caps, "lotion" (I've always thought it weird it's just called
"lotion," like a carton of "juice".), and any other stuff I don't
need. The purpose is to use these things as part of staying in the
room. I think a line is crossed if people take home the wrapped spare
rolls of toilet tissue or just take everything because it's free. If
you need it while you're there, use it. If you use only some of a
shampoo, OK to take the rest home.

I could also understand the view that it's all made available for me
with the assumption I'll use it, so if I decide to take a wrapped bar
of soap and an unopened mini-bottle of shampoo home instead of using
it there, that's a legitimate option.

The mini-items are promotional for the manufacturer (especially if the
brand name and/or manufacturer are identified so you can shop for the
regular-sized products if you like them), but aren't meant to help you
never have to buy that item.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA