[Magdalen] Song of Mary

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 18:01:07 UTC 2017

In a message dated 1/23/2017 12:12:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

wrote:
>> When we came to the "Gloria," I noticed that no  one was saying anything.

There was the time I was cantoring a Pontifical Mass at Saint Peter's
Cathedral in Scranton, and started the Gloria off with one of the florid
Latin
plainsong intonations.  Trouble was, the Mass was in English.

Luckily, the then Scranton Bishop, as well as some of the older  clergy
in the sanctuary remembered, and picked up the rest of the chant in
Latin without batting an eye.

For some time in the Scranton Diocese using any Latin in the
Ordinary Form was referred to as "Going Strang."

David S.