[Magdalen] No mail

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Wed Jan 25 17:37:00 UTC 2017

On 1/25/17 9:51 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> When the august USA "paper of record," the New York Times, starts to
> call Trump a liar, it leads me to understand I'm not the only one  feeling
> that way.

Trump and his supporters are all liars.  So is Hillary and her gang.
You have had to check out politicians and newspapers as best you could
since forever, since any truthful statement can be  slanted and twisted
until it's totally deceptive, even if careful semantic analysis can show
that it's not contrary to fact.  But it's been worse during 2016 (and
continuing into 2017 so far) than it's ever been before.  From all sides.

There used to be a logic problem puzzle in which the postulate was,
"there are two groups of people (tribes) on this island (for limiting
the statistical universe of the puzzle), one of which groups always
tells the truth, and the other of which always tells the opposite of the
truth".  The kicker is that word "always".  The question of the puzzle
is to ask the correct question(s) on "this" matter to be able to discern
which group contains the individual to whom you are talking, and what is
the truth about the matter in which you're concerned.  The trouble with
applying this to the real world is that sometimes liars tell the truth,
and that sometimes truth-tellers lie, and sometimes when they're
speaking honestly, they believe what they're saying themselves, but have
been lied to by others, or are deceived themselves by everything they
happen to not know.  And it's not possible for any individual human
being to know _everything_.

And it definitely appears that I'm going to need to duck under again,
for the sake of my own emotional health and sanity.  Any time something
gets too outrageous to believe, either I'm mistaken about what is too
outrageous, or they call it "satire", and you (me) should have been
smart enough to see that and laugh.  And the English eat Irish babies.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net