[Magdalen] No mail

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 25 23:53:13 UTC 2017

On 25/01/2017 17:52, M J _Mike_ Logsdon wrote:
> All campaigns are imperfect, and deception is part of public life sometimes, unfortunately.  But in this case, surely, magnitude of offense must play a part.  I didn't initially want Hillary, only because I was irritated to no end that the GOPers had 17 numbskulls and we had only 5?  And one of them a cartoon character?  But once it came down to T vs C, ... you all know my story.
>
> As is so often explained on MSNBC these days (not a biased network, in my opinion, due to the obvious presence of Republicans as staff, contributors, and guests), "lie" involves the deliberate intention to deceive.  Hillary and her camp do NOT fit that definition, at all.  "Period!", as Trump would say.

There are various sites that compare politicians' claims with the facts.
During the campaign these consistently showed that Trump's
misrepresentations were more numerous and more blatant than were
Clinton's. I also expect the widely announced investigation into alleged
voter fraud to sink without trace as an honest investigation would not
show the results the President wants. Yes, he cited a survey that showed
1.8 million dead citizens were still on the rolls a few years back.
Never mind the fact that's a million less than he lost by in the popular
vote so even if they had all been cast fraudulently for Hillary he would
still have lost the popular vote. The reality is that these would mostly
be elderly people and of their vote had been used then it is likely it
would have been by another elderly person - who would probably have used
it to vote for Trump. Calling for this investigation was not a wise move.

Roger