[Magdalen] Where is the Episcopal Church?

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 05:16:24 UTC 2017

I am sure there will be many responses to this fast evolving situation,
though hopefully the various protests will be distinct enough not to muddy
the issues and come across as a generalised anger rather than a specific
demand.

On the whole I think most people including me are too aghast at the speed
of this to do anything much, except pray and support where we can.

All I've done so far is add my name to a petition to keep DT away from the
Queen. Regardless of doubts about the monarchy as such, HM is a decent and
Christlike old lady and she doesn't deserve to be forced to make polite
conversation with this monster.

With the British PM putting on a Chamberlain like display of spineless
appeasement, it will probably do little good.

I also read an article in NYT shortly after the "carnage" began that gave
the phone numbers for the White House and Congress. Maybe Americans should
start a roster whereby those phone ring without ceasing for the next four
years.

Any church that has bells should probably be ringing them too, perhaps at
set hours as a call to defend the land and to mark the abnormality of the
situation.

And how about showing up at a Mosque for prayers on Friday or just stand
outside for support and protection of the people inside.  I might be able
to do that myself, not that our Muslims, TBTG, would need it. I bet they're
feeling vulnerable and upset though.

I won't burden the US Embassy any further, they're probably feeling broken
enough. Decades of diplomacy and international relations wiped out at the
stroke of an ignorant pen.

Sally D