[Magdalen] Brotherhood of the Cake on a Spit

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 8 23:27:37 UTC 2017

If they start with the aperifs and hors d'oeuvres with selected intercourse/ahem intermezzi sorbets they should be ready for desert in about 5 hours what with a wine for each course etc. Now the hors d'oeuveres were a French take on the Russian Zakouski so surprise me that Napoleons soldats gastronomiques returned with their interpretation of Russian sweets--Mother Mauretania's family used to have a similar cake when she was a little girl.  The Sycretic Hermitesses have  soft spot for Slavic cuisine. They do have a chapel of ease in Nice close to the Russian Cathedral. they keep finding majolica plates written in a Cyrillic version of Reformed Egyptian.

Mother Ste Folitesse, chroniste